On January 20, 2021, the City of Grand Junction allocated $250,000 in funds for Hunger Relief to help Grand Junction nonprofits respond to the sustained increase in demand for food assistance resulting from the extended economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
See below for eligibility requirements and criteria before applying for this funding.
Who Can Apply:
- 501 (c)(3) organizations only (no churches, schools, or other charitable entities) who provide food and housing assistance and who are seeing a sudden increase in demand for services.
- No grants will be made to individuals, businesses or organizations that serve as a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations must have a physical address in the City of Grand Junction, be focused on hunger relief and primarily serve the residents of Grand Junction.
To provide funding to Grand Junction nonprofits who provide hunger relief efforts to meet the ongoing demand for these services from people who have reduced income, lost jobs/hours or otherwise been impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Process and Timeline:
- Organizations apply online via wc-cf.org.
- Organizations can apply one time for this funding.
- Deadline to apply is February 22nd by 5pm MDT. Funds will be disbursed on March 2nd, 2021.
- Organizations will be asked to demonstrate how the COVID-19 crisis is impacting their organization, the clients they serve, and how this funding will be used to help with hunger relief/food assistance for Grand Junction residents in response to the ongoing pandemic.
For questions about eligibility or for assistance in applying, please contact Tedi Gillespie, email@example.com.