$50,600 in Grants Awarded to Ouray County Nonprofits
November 2, 2021, Ouray, CO – Thanks to funding partners, Western Colorado Community Foundation, Citizens State Bank, and generous local donors, twenty-three Ouray County nonprofits have received a total of $50,600 in grant awards from the Ouray County Community Fund. The OCCF Steering Committee, comprised of local community leaders, reviewed grant applications totaling over $75,000 in funding requests. The following organizations were awarded grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 for a total of $50,600 in funding.
- Fortuna Tierra Club
- Friends of the Wright Opera House
- George Gardner Scholarship Fund
- Horsefly Volunteer Fire Protection
- Live in Ouray
- Log Hill Mesa Fire Protection District
- Midwestern Colorado Mental Health Center; The Center for Mental Health
- Ouray County Food Pantry
- Ouray County Historical society
- Ouray County Performing Arts Guild, Inc.
- Ouray County Ranch History Museum
- Ouray County Schools Community Resource Consortium; Voyager Youth Program
- Ouray Ice Park
- Ouray Mountain Rescue
- Ouray Mountain Trail Run
- Ouray Public Library
- Ouray School District R-1
- Ouray Trail Group
- Ridgway Community Garden (program of Southwest Institute for Resilience)
- Second Chance Humane Society
- Top of the Pines, Inc.
- UpstART: Theater that Moves
- Weehawken Creative Arts
Now in its sixth year, the Ouray County Community Fund (OCCF) was established as an endowed, permanent fund by local community leaders. OCCF partners with the Western Colorado Community Foundation to build the endowment and distribute the earnings annually.
The OCCF Steering Committee encourages community members to consider a donation to this local fund to support projects that benefit all of Ouray County. Gifts of all sizes are appreciated and tax deductible. More information can be found at wc-cf.org/community.