Who: Professionals serving and supporting youth experiencing high mobility, including students facing homelessness, migrant students, and students in foster care.
What: A regional convening of partners who serve highly mobile youth – to network, learn, and action-plan towards greater access, stability, and success in school.
When: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (8:30 am – 4:00 pm)
Where: Riverside Education Center (REC) 1101 Winters Ave, Unit C2, Grand Junction, CO
This event will bring together regional partners to:
- Broaden awareness of regional programming that supports and serves the region’s highly mobile students, including migrant, McKinney-Vento, and foster youth.
- Share tools and frameworks for meaningful family engagement.
- Increase knowledge of mental health challenges for youth as well as resources in the region.
- Deepen understanding of local challenges and opportunities for building greater collaboration across programs and agencies.
- Consider action steps for greater collaboration and increasing access to opportunities for youth in the area.