Nonprofit Board Member Course
The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible nonprofit director. Check it out here.
To keep informed about WCCF, sign up for our newsletter
Connect with other nonprofits
The organizations listed below provide an array of resources and technical assistance for nonprofits in Colorado:
- The Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable (CPGR) works to inspire the community to increase the quantity and quality of
planned gifts to nonprofit organizations.
- The Common Grant Applications and Common Grant Report allow Colorado grantmakers and grantseekers to work from
a common set of questions that reinforce solid nonprofit practices. At the same time, the CGAs and CGR save
grantseekers time and effort by enabling them to use a single form for many different applications and reports.
- Colorado Grants provides proposal writing, research, grant review and editing services as well as training, workshops and
conferences. Maintains a full list of Colorado funder deadlines for grant applications.
- The Colorado Nonprofit Development Center is an incubator for new nonprofits that provides fiscal sponsorship,
administrative services and coaching until the nonprofit is ready to spin off and become a separate 501(c)(3)
- ColoradoGives.org is a year-round, online giving website featuring nearly 1,500 Colorado nonprofit
organizations. Made possible by Community First Foundation since 2007, ColoradoGives.org encourages
charitable giving by providing comprehensive, objective and up-to-date information about Colorado
nonprofits and an easy way to support them online.
- Founded in 1956, the Foundation Center, now Candid, is the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy and is
dedicated to serving grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the
media, and the general public.
Note: Access to the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is made available through many public libraries at no charge.
- GuideStar is a national database of nonprofit organizations.
- The IRS has tax Information for charities & other nonprofit organizations.
- The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit
board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible
The below organizations are good resources for nonprofts. Check their sites often for updated calendars of trainings, socials, and other opportunities to learn and connect with nonprofits.
Collective Voice for Colorado Nonprofits Colorado Nonprofit Association leads, serves and strengthens Colorado’s nonprofit community to improve the quality of life throughout our state. We are the collective voice of Colorado’s nonprofit sector and a statewide...
Community Resource Center creates opportunities, tools and strategies to develop nonprofits and community groups to strengthen Colorado. Community Resource Center (CRC) was founded in 1981. CRC’s initial mission was to assist organizations that used community...
CIC's Mission: To provide a collective voice and forum for advocacy and education of non-profits in Mesa County. CIC's Vision: Ensure the sustainability and positive impact of non-profits in Mesa County through education, advocacy and collaboration. CIC's Goals:...