Nonprofit Board Member Course
The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible nonprofit director. Check it out here.
Colorado Nonprofit Association (CNA) boasts the third edition of Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Colorado (P&P).
This guidebook was developed by Colorado nonprofits for Colorado nonprofits. It provides resources to help you keep up-to-date on legal compliance, prepare to complete the Form 990, build capacity, and demonstrate transparency and accountability.
Members of CNA can download the guidebook here or click the image above.
Connect with other nonprofits
The organizations listed below provide an array of resources and technical assistance for nonprofits in Colorado:
- The Colorado Nonprofit Association is the largest network of nonprofit organizations in Colorado with more than 1,100
members. It provides leadership and services to strengthen the ability of nonprofits to build and sustain healthy
- Community Resource Center provides technical assistance, training and consulting services to individuals, nonprofit
organizations and community-based coalitions throughout Colorado and nationally.
- The Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable (CPGR) works to inspire the community to increase the quantity and quality of
planned gifts to nonprofit organizations.
- The Common Grant Applications and Common Grant Report allow Colorado grantmakers and grantseekers to work from
a common set of questions that reinforce solid nonprofit practices. At the same time, the CGAs and CGR save
grantseekers time and effort by enabling them to use a single form for many different applications and reports.
- Colorado Grants provides proposal writing, research, grant review and editing services as well as training, workshops and
conferences. Maintains a full list of Colorado funder deadlines for grant applications.
- The Colorado Nonprofit Development Center is an incubator for new nonprofits that provides fiscal sponsorship,
administrative services and coaching until the nonprofit is ready to spin off and become a separate 501(c)(3)
- ColoradoGives.org is a year-round, online giving website featuring nearly 1,500 Colorado nonprofit
organizations. Made possible by Community First Foundation since 2007, ColoradoGives.org encourages
charitable giving by providing comprehensive, objective and up-to-date information about Colorado
nonprofits and an easy way to support them online.
- Founded in 1956, the Foundation Center, now Candid, is the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy and is
dedicated to serving grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the
media, and the general public.
Note: Access to the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is made available through many public libraries at no charge.
- GuideStar is a national database of nonprofit organizations.
- The IRS has tax Information for charities & other nonprofit organizations.
- The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit
board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible
Below are listed some opportunities put on by nonprofits in western Colorado. From mixers to trainings to summits, there’s always something going on. Just follow the links in the posts to learn more about any events which catch your attention.
Don’t forget to check out the organizations above, either. Their websites often have events calendars to help keep people appraised of what’s going of for nonprofits in Colorado.
To keep informed about WCCF, sign up for our newsletter
COVID-19 Coronavirus: how Can Philanthropy Respond? Webinar Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:00 pm MST Hearing about a viral disaster is always shocking; prompting the question: "Well, what can I do?". Philanthropy Colorado's timely webinar offers thoughts on how we, in the...
Professional Development Training through CRC April 15, 2020 | 9 am - 4 pm $100 Early Bird | $120 Regular Denver As an organizational leader some of the biggest challenges and opportunities are tied to small teams. Relationships are messy, especially when it comes to...
Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm The Colorado Health Foundation 1780 Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80203 Members are invited to a presentation and discussion about the concept of trust-based philanthropy with Pia Infante, Co-Executive Director of the...