Nonprofit Board Member Course
The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible nonprofit director. Check it out here.
To keep informed about WCCF, sign up for our newsletter
In 2006, The Western Colorado Community Foundation launched its NSTAR program (Nonprofit Support, Training and Resources). Funded by the Bacon Family Foundation, this program is designed to help local nonprofit organizations increase their organizational capacity to raise funds and fulfill their missions. WCCF Staff participate in local and regional organizations and coalitions to help facilitate trainings and resources for nonprofits across our counties. WCCF Staff are available to meet with a board member or executive director regarding special needs a non-profit organization might have, such as starting a new 501(c)(3), resolving a funding crisis, navigating a leadership transition, or developing complex collaborations.
Connect with other nonprofits
The organizations listed below provide an array of resources and technical assistance for nonprofits in Colorado:
- The Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable (CPGR) works to inspire the community to increase the quantity and quality of
planned gifts to nonprofit organizations.
- The Common Grant Applications and Common Grant Report allow Colorado grantmakers and grantseekers to work from
a common set of questions that reinforce solid nonprofit practices. At the same time, the CGAs and CGR save
grantseekers time and effort by enabling them to use a single form for many different applications and reports.
- Colorado Grants provides proposal writing, research, grant review and editing services as well as training, workshops and
conferences. Maintains a full list of Colorado funder deadlines for grant applications.
- The Colorado Nonprofit Development Center is an incubator for new nonprofits that provides fiscal sponsorship,
administrative services and coaching until the nonprofit is ready to spin off and become a separate 501(c)(3)
- ColoradoGives.org is a year-round, online giving website featuring nearly 1,500 Colorado nonprofit
organizations. Made possible by Community First Foundation since 2007, ColoradoGives.org encourages
charitable giving by providing comprehensive, objective and up-to-date information about Colorado
nonprofits and an easy way to support them online.
- Founded in 1956, the Foundation Center, now Candid, is the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy and is
dedicated to serving grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the
media, and the general public.
Note: Access to the Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is made available through many public libraries at no charge.
- GuideStar is a national database of nonprofit organizations.
- The IRS has tax Information for charities & other nonprofit organizations.
- The Secretary of State developed the Board Education eLearning course as a resource for current and aspiring nonprofit
board members. Each of the five course modules addresses an important aspect of being an effective and responsible
The below posts are updated regularly with events or information that may prove useful to nonprofits in our area. To learn more about nonprofits in the area or regional event calendars, go here.
September 15 - October 15 2020 The LAURA JANE MUSSER FUND would like to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between groups and citizens of different cultural backgrounds within defined geographical areas through collaborative, cross-cultural...
September 1 - October 1 2020 THE LAURA JANE MUSSER FUND wants to encourage collaborative and participatory efforts among citizens in rural communities that will help to strengthen their towns and regions in a number of civic areas including, but not limited to,...
There’s a new event type headed our way. First, we moved to virtual. Now, get ready for hybrid events, a blend of virtual and in-person events. In this on-demand webinar " Hybrid Events: What You Need to Know Now" we'll go through what it looks like to have one event...