The Western Colorado Community Foundation understands the immediate and developing needs in our communities due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the lingering impacts it will have, long after the health crisis is over.
We want our neighbors and community members to know that we are responding to immediate and urgent needs (food, shelter, safety) across our seven-county region. We want our nonprofit partners to know that we are directing funding to emergency basic needs, while also tracking and connecting other funders and resources across the state to the needs in our local communities. And we want our donors and supporters to know that we are here to keep you informed about and connected to the causes and needs that will help the most right now, through traditional grants and innovative projects as we respond to the rapid and ever changing landscape of this terrible disease. Together, we will help our communities navigate this crisis and minimize the long-term impact.
- Our Community Foundation is tracking and responding to the most immediate needs across our communities by directing funding to nonprofits who are serving clients with the most basic needs (food, shelter, safety.) See list of grants here.
- Our Community Foundation is helping our donors respond to the highest needs related to the COVID-19 crisis with emergency response grants and new initiatives like our Virtual Canned Food Drive, “re-investing” stimulus checks, and other ways to help our neighbors now.
- Our Community Foundation is working with the City of Grand Junction to establish a #GJStrong Fund to provide grants to nonprofits providing basic needs of food and shelter to those people impacted by the COVID19 virus. Details about how to apply are coming soon.
- WCCF’s team is helping our state-wide foundations understand the unique needs in our communities and help draw down that funding to address our local needs. And we are working strategically with our local and regional funding partners and affiliates to leverage all funding available to meet the needs locally.
- We are tracking and sharing funding and other resources to help keep our nonprofits informed and ready to access eligible funding.
- We are working remotely to keep our team safe, but tirelessly to keep our communities strong. We invite you to work with us, by donating, volunteering, sharing resources, or simply keeping yourself and your family home and safe during this time. Thank you.