Funding Available for Organizations Serving Veterans in Mesa and Delta Counties
The Western Colorado Community Foundation (WCCF) in partnership with the Trutta Fund to Support Veterans is pleased to announce a new grant opportunity to address the needs of veterans and their families in our community. The Trutta Fund to Support Veterans application process opened August 5, 2019 and funding is available to organizations that operate within the counties of Mesa and Delta.
Grant funding will target projects that:
- Assist veterans with basic needs including food, shelter and healthcare
- Assist veterans with mental health and wellness
- Provide recreational and other positive activities directly to veterans
- Help veterans connect with each other and the larger community
- Help veterans and their families connect with services and benefits
- Other projects considered as applicable
Eligible organizations must be a qualified 501 (c) (3), public school or tax-exempt public service agency providing services within Mesa and/or Delta County. Organizations should also be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and be in good standing. Grants can not be made to individuals.
Grants can typically range up to $10,000 but all appropriate requests will be considered.
Grant requests should be submitted via WCCF’s website http://wc-cf.org/nonprofits/grantmaking/ and the deadline to apply is September 16, 2019, 5pm MST. Organizations must first register in WCCF’s Online Grants Center. For a quick overview or our new Online Grant Center click here, then register to access our applications.
Proposals will be reviewed, and applicants will be informed of their status in October 2019.