The Western Colorado Community Foundation (WCCF) announces a new funding opportunity opening June 17, 2019. The Foundation directs its discretionary grant funds to address different needs each year. This year’s focus is the environment, in support of the Foundation’s new commitment to expand funding for conservation, outdoor recreation and the environment (CORE).
The Community Grants for the Environment funding opportunity is available to organizations that operate within the seven counties we serve (Delta, Eagle, Garfield, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray and Rio Blanco). This funding is made possible from WCCF’s community grants endowment and from generous donors across western Colorado.
Goal of 2019 Community Grants for the Environment: To fund projects that protect and enhance the environment in western Colorado.
Primary areas of focus are projects that:
• Reduce, reuse and recycle in order to conserve resources
• Expand composting and reduce food waste
• Promote clean air and clean water
• Foster community awareness and stewardship of our natural resources
• Engage youth in learning and leadership opportunities around these issues
• Preference will be given to projects that involve collaboration across organizations and those that develop alignments between atypical partners.
• Grants will not support marketing or sponsorship of an event.
• Funding may not be used for direct lobbying activities.
Funding Range: Grants will be awarded in the $2,500-$10,000 range. Funding is intended to have a concrete and demonstrable impact on protecting the environment in our region.
Criteria: Eligible organizations must be a 501 (c) (3) or other qualified charitable entity, recognized by the IRS and working within WCCF’s seven county region. Organizations should also be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and be in good standing.
Process: Grant requests should be submitted via WCCF’s website https://wc-cf.org/nonprofits/grantmaking/ by the application deadline, July 19, 2019, 5pm MST. Organizations must first register in WCCF’s Online Grants Center. For a quick overview or our new Online Grant Center click here, then register to access our applications.
Proposals will be reviewed by WCCF’s Grant Committee and applicants will be notified of their status by August 15, 2019. For more information, contact Tedi Gillespie, Director of Grants and Community Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org.