Community Foundations are:
- Tax-exempt public charities dedicated to improving the communities they serve.
- Comprised of many funds established by separate donors to carry out their charitable interests to improve communities within a defined geographic area.
- Based on a philanthropic model of endowed funds – invested to grow over the long-term, with the earnings available annually for charitable giving.
- Designed to pool donations for coordinated investment to provide sustained long term support for that region in the form of grants, scholarships and other resources.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Get news and information about WCCF delivered right to your inbox.
Connecting People who Care with Causes that Matter
Pilot Mobile Summer Feeding Program to Launch in June
Our Community Foundation is pleased to make a $50,000 grant to District 51 for the purchase of a food truck in support of a new mobile summer feeding program to be piloted in June.
Ellen Jo Waldeck’s legacy is to support one annual full-ride nursing scholarship to Colorado Mesa University and provide ongoing funding support to eight Mesa County organizations. These organizations are: Grand Valley Catholic Outreach, Habitat for Humanity, Hilltop’s Latimer House, HomewardBound, HopeWest, Marillac Clinic, Mesa County Partners, and Roice-Hurst Humane Society.read more
Our Mission is to:
- Promote charitable giving
- Build and manage charitable legacy funds and endowments
- Provide grants and other resources to benefit the residents and communities of western Colorado
Our regional community foundation works with civic-minded leaders in local communities to build permanent funds for community good. We are proud of our affiliation with several other community foundations and geographic area funds in our region. We provide expertise in planned giving and charitable legacy gift planning, manage investments and provide grants for our affiliates to distribute in their communities.